Thursday, May 5, 2016

South Korea Vacation Part 26 - Kim Nan-Young's Neighborhood



While I was in chilbo (Korean enameling) class, Rocketman did a walk about the neighborhood. It seems to be changing all the time.
When Nan-Young first moved here years ago, the street was really run down and in disarray but the Korean government has put a lot of money into the area to make it beautiful. It has become quite a tourist attraction too and is located just south of the Hwaseong Haenggung Palace (화성행궁). The street is full of artists including Nan-Young and my hanji teacher.






                                                I love this photo Rocketman took.

                  Rocketman spent some time in the Hwaseong Haenggung Palace (화성행궁).

 

















 
I took this photo of a butterfly bench. It was near Nan-Young's shop. It was so creative and I wish I could have ordered one for my house.
There is a coffee shop across the street from Nan-Young's and sometimes we would arrive way too early for my class so we would stop for tea at this shop. The owner always has decorated the shop in all kinds of homemade crafts. Definitely my kind of place.
Rocketman deciding what to order. They have lots of teas and coffees to choose from. I love that they used a knitted blanket to give privacy between the booths.
This is how Rocketman's tea came. He has had it before but they are always kind and show us how to prepare the tea. This was our last day in Suwon. The rest of the remaining days of our vacation was spent in Seoul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...