Saturday, March 7, 2015

Busy Couple of Days

 
Yesterday I spent the day babysitting the two youngest grandboys. They live the opposite side of the Twin Cities from us so I like to get over there before rush hour which means I'm on the road by 6:30am. I'm not a fan of heavy traffic these days mainly because of all the texting while driving I've seen.
 
Ezra had a really cool game from Kiwi Crates and we played that for quite awhile while I also kept an eye of little Judah. Ezra loved this game and he was really good at it. Both boys were so good and momma came home a little early from work so I could miss the Friday night traffic. I would have stayed for dinner but I had an all day class the next day and I wanted to get prepared for it and a little rested up. 
 The all day class was another sumi-e class with Susan Frame at the White Bear Center for the Art. The subject for the class was the iris. There are several ways to paint one and we went over two. These are the best of my paintings.



I had not practiced my sumi-e since the last class last fall. I always want to make time at least a couple times a week to paint but it never seems to happen. I am also taking an on-line year long class with Wyanne Thompson and I have been doing some watercolor paintings for that but still not enough. But my goal is still to make time for both. I love and enjoy it so much but it seems that cooking, wash and ironing, and other crafts get in the way. So I'll just keep on keeping on as long as it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...