Friday, December 13, 2013

Constant Knitting and Making Christmas Cookies

I had two baby blankets I wanted to complete as soon as possible. We have grandbaby #3 coming the first of March and our Korean friend, Jennifer, is due with her first in February. This has kept me very busy along with Christmas shopping.
I saw this Churchmouse pattern for their "Jolly Wee Elf" and just had to order the kit. I'm not the best knitter and the pattern had a few techniques I had never done before like W&T but I did it and thought it turned out splendidly. I showed it to Rocketman and he said, "Where's the face?" Huh? He wasn't quite as in love with it as I am but that's ok, he doesn't have to love everything I make.
I've also started making my annual Christmas cookies. I make about 6-10 different kinds and then give plates of cookies to all the relatives. I really enjoy doing it but I don't like all the dishes I have to do. This is my sink today. Tomorrow I have another ikebana (Japanese flower arranging) and I can't wait to see what I make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...