Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Visit to Dollhouse World - 2013

I was so glad that Rocketman was feeling a little better so he could go with me to a visit to Dollhouse World in Suwon. I had taken many classes there learning how to make miniature Korean food. I had my friend, Hannah, call to make sure it was okay for us to drop by for lunch. The sister of the Dollhouse World owner has a coffee shop next door where I had eaten many delicious bagel sandwiches. It was wonderful to see them again.
There was something new going on in the coffee shop. Kim Hyo-Jung, was learning how to press and grind her own African coffee beans. She had someone there who set up the huge press and teach her all there is to know.  It was really amazing to see how raw coffee beans are cooked.  She gave us this bottle of her coffee.
Since she knew we were coming, the owner of Dollhouse World made me this beautiful miniature flower basket. She said she stayed up late working on it for me. I am always amazed at what she creates with clay. She is very busy right now writing a book. I can't wait to see it when it's complete.
She also gave this miniature golf bag to Rocketman.  Can you believe the detail? Rocketman was so thrilled to get it. We had a great lunch and it was Rocketman's first time eating the bagel sandwiches and he too said it was the most delicious sandwich he had eaten in a long time. We will definitely be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...