Monday, September 17, 2012

Our New Stove, Complete with Sabbath Mode!

Our new stove finally came yesterday.  I ordered an LG with the double oven in black.  It came with a few surprises.  Mind you, I hadn't bought a new stove since 1990 but I was surprised at a few of the features of this new oven.
First, was the anti-tip brackets.  The installers really wanted to install these brackets but I convinced them on my honor that I was truly getting a new floor.  Actually, I told them, "Hey, look at this floor!
 and they were convince.
There were warnings all over the stove about what a tipping hazard it was.  I don't know who's been tipping stoves but if it has happened to you, I would really like to hear about it.  I thought it was ridiculous.  A television I could see but a stove.  Rocketman was shocked when I told him.
Next came the Sabbath Mode.  I had never heard of this either but thought it might be a good idea to turn it on.  I always could use an excuse not to cook.  "Honey, the stove doesn't work."  But to be honest, I don't cook much on Sunday's anyway, that is Chipoltle day. It was cool though that the stove just happened to be delivered on Jewish Holiday Rosh Hashanah.  Little things like that make me smile.
Finally, there were the Kid's Meal mode.  What the heck!  I'm not the most knowledgeable cook but I really don't understand why kid's meals need a special mode.  My kids did just fine without it and least I think they did.  I better check with them on that.

Times change I know and maybe I'm just showing my age.  I can't wait to cook using my new stove!

1 comment:

  1. I know this post is a couple years old, but I hope you added the bracket. There have been cases where kids have opened the door to the stove, stood on the door, the stove flips forward and breaks the kids back. Tragic, but a sad reality.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...