Saturday, January 14, 2012

Hanji (Korean Papercrafting) Class

I was surprised to find everyone waiting for me to arrive at hanji on Friday.  We were going to the restaurant across the street for lunch.  WooHoo!!!  First we were served this sidedish above which was really delicious.
Then we were given a bowl of I think it was barley but it resembled rice to me.  I was show by the girls and a lot of "Becky-she" how to add the sidedish and a little gochujang (red pepper paste) to make a little bibimbap.
                Of course there was kimchi and the girls made sure the bowl was never empty.
 Then they brought out a HUGE pajeon and I mean it was HUGE.  I was getting full by this time when
                                    they brought out a huge bowl of soup.  It was so good.
Then a return to hanji class for a cup of instant coffee where my hanji teacher showed me that she had made the same piece I had just finished.  I love the colors she chose.
                                    This is another piece I saw from a fellow hanji girl.
                 She did a really great job on it.  I know how much time it takes to cut all that out.
                                 My very last project.  It's going to be a jewelty box.

        The first step in a new hanji project is gluing and a lot of clips to hold the glued pieces together.
This is how it looked when I left for the day.  My friend, Hannah, was contacted by my miniature teacher to see if I could take my final class on January 26th.  Her father-in-law was given only a week to live and since her husband is the oldest son, it is her duty to stay at the hospital 24/7.  She feels so bad about my class when I feel who cares about the class.  Her father-in-law has cancer and I'm not sure if it is something they knew or if they just found out.

But the 26th was going to be my last hanji class so because of that and Seollal (the Lunar New Year), my last hanji class will be this Friday, the 20th.  I can't believe it is ending but I'm taking a lot of hanji home with me to continue to make things.  But I really enjoy hanging with all the girls.  We have such a good time.  I will miss them so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...