Friday, January 6, 2012

Eating Out in Korea

A new little eatery opened up near my chilbo class and I had been eager to try it.  On Friday, I ended up running errands all morning and missing lunch.  I was early for class so I stopped in to see what it was all about.
 It looked like a kebab place but on closer inspection...
 I saw that it was a souvlaki restaurant.  I had no idea what that was at the time but it looked good so I went in and ordered a chicken souvlaki.
The owner spoke pretty good English and I asked if it was take out only because there was only a small bench to sit on.  He told me there was seating in the back through a narrow hallway.  This is what I found and I sat down to wait for my food.
This is what I got.  It had a really interesting taste.  I recognized chicken, lettuce, green peppers, onions and tomatoes wrapped in a soft shell taco but the sauce was very strange to me.  It was delicious but I couldn't figure out what it was.
I got the set which also included potatoes and a Coke.  The potatoes were delicious.  They were fried with onions and other seasonings.  They were pretty soft and it would have helped to have a fork or even chopsticks to eat them.
 Then today we went into Seoul to visit Hannah in the hospital.  The hospital was near Itaewon so we stopped there for some lunch.  I had heard a lot of good things about the food at the Wolfhound so that's where we went.  Rocketman had me check on their homepage to make sure they did open at 11 am.  It said they did and we arrived at 11:30 a.m. to find them closed.  I was so mad that when I got home I checked out their website again and found the I had read it wrong.  It's only weekends they are open at 11.  Weekdays they open at 4 pm.
                                      This fish truck was looking pretty good by that time.
 We settled on 3 Alley Pub and Rocketman got the hash with a goulash soup.  He loved the food.
 I had a philly cheesesteak and a Caesar's side salad.  It was huge and I only managed half of it.  The cheesesteak was chunks of beef not thinly sliced and no Cheese Whiz.  It still was tasty and don't worry about what I didn't eat, Rocketman is good at finishing my plate also.
Then off to see Hannah.  You would think it was easy since we had her room number.  Nope!  We went into the first building up to the sixth floor to find the room numbers didn't go high enough.  We went into the second building and up to the sixth floor to find the same thing.  We asked a nurse and she pointed us to a third smaller building.  Just to let you know that the elevators in this hospital were sooooo slow and there were tons of people in them.  It took us forever to get up and down each building. 

By the time we found her, I was so crabby and mad but to see her face light up when we walked in made me forget what we went through.  We had also stopped to buy her a bunch of things at Etude House and they were having a 30% off everything sale.  She loved the skin care products.  I had thought to bring a plant but I'm glad Rocketman talked me out of it.

I saw this sign in the hospital and I really wondered what the heck went on in there. 

1 comment:

  1. The sign says anhydrous blood center... waterless blood center. I still don't know what it means.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...