Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Day in South Korea - Part 2 Myeongdong

After Namdaemun, we went to Myeongdong to do a little sightseeing.  When we exited the subway we saw this sign.
Koreans were posing and taking pictures.  I thought it was a great opportunity to get some photos too.
              They were really trying to get their little girl to smile but she wasn't having any of it.
                                           But she still was a cutie patootie.
It was fun watching the couples pose.
                          This couple was especially good at posing.  It was so cute.
            I don't think I could have ever gotten one of my boyfriends to do this.
                              Rocketman also caught this couple...
                                                             Sneaking a kiss.


              We decided to grab a cup of coffee at a Starbucks to warm up.

             Then it was time to explore.  I love all the cute socks.  I just wish they came in my size.

                                       This was a real dog we saw.  I was really surprised.
It was a little windy but not that windy.  He used a lot of product to get his hair to do that.  I wanted Rocketman to try that look out but he wasn't interested in changing his hairstyle.

These girls were charging for hugs.  We had always seen them free.  Maybe times are getting tough here in South Korea.
                           Did I mention there were A LOT of people in Myeongdong?
                                               Some were even wearing antlers.
We saw this poor little girl trying to navigate her way through the crowd of people.
                                     Sometimes it looked like she was going to give up.
                       
                             Sometimes it looked like she wasn't going to make it.
                                               But she kept going.
                          She started to lose steam and we thought she might give up.
                             But she finally made it through with the help of her Dad.
                              At the other end of the street we found they were giving away hugs.
                                     I wonder if those feet were as cold as I we were?
                                           We saw two Santas just hanging around.
                               Did I mention there were  A LOT of people?
I was waiting for them to start to do a high kick.


                                                            She was a happy little girl.



We couldn't believe how crowded it was.  I even did a little video on the crowds:

4 comments:

  1. I like the posing couple's scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helena, I could have spent all day there watching the couples.

    Sandra, I didn't buy a thing. I think it was because there were just too many people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to see these pictures and read your story. The video you made was great. :-)So many people. Did you feel overwhelmed after your trek through this very crowded place?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...