Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tiger Chilbo (Korean Enameling) Jewelry Box

 I finished the tiger jewelry box this week in chilbo class.  I am so thrilled with how it turned out.  I made it for my son, Luke.  I hope he loves it as much as I do and at least, he will have a keepsake from his mom's time in South Korea.
 I also had my chilbo test and metal guy came to help interpret the written test for me.  His English is a little more than my Korean.
 But he had his Smartphone handy to help with his English as we navigated the ten questions together.  The questions were multiple choice.
                          After I finished the written part of the test, it was time to do the practical. 

                               Metal guy also told me what to do while Nan was grading my test.
This was the piece I had to make and submit to the Korean Enamel Association.  I got one question wrong on the written test so I scored 90% and still passed.  WooHoo!  Metal guy even gave me a ride home so I didn't have to bother with the bus.  That was so nice of him.

2 comments:

  1. Love your design on the jewellery box, especially the way you have interpreted a Tiger in your work, very unconventional Lovely work :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...