Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hanji - The Korean Medicine Cabinet Part 6

 The next step in the cabinet was to cut away the black paper just like I had done in a previous class.  I cut out each section leaving enough paper to cover each opening. This took the better part of an hour to complete.
                                                    Here is what it looked like when it was completed.
                          Next I had to put black hanji paper along the front and back side of the top.
 Next my teacher helped me put on the expensive hanji paper.  This picture really doesn't do it justice.
                                      Then it was time to cover the bottom of the cabinet.
And finally, I covered each leg with the black hanji paper.  It takes four separate sheets of paper to cover each leg.  This is what it looked like before I added the final piece.  Rocketman returned and picked me up at hanji class so I had to leave with one leg left to do.;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...