Thursday, September 1, 2011

Chilbo (Korean Enameling)

 This week in chilbo I finished my daughter's jewelry box.  Here are some of the squares waiting to be fired.
 Then we had to figure out where we wanted them.  Nan used E6000 glue to glue them in place.
                                      Nan had to get on a chair to take a picture of it.
Here it is all finished.  It was pretty heavy and I had to keep it flat for 24 hours.  Nan boxed it up and then used some cording to fasten a knot in the center for carrying.  She didn't want me on the bus and I agreed so we walked with the box inbetween us and both of us holding on to the main street.  She crossed the street with me and hailed a taxi.  She then gave the driver very specific directions to my apartment.  She takes such good care of me.

Tomorrow Rocketman is off so I think we will be going into Seoul.  I have some shopping to do in Dongdaemum and Hongdae. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...