Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hanji - The Korean Medicine Cabinet Part 2

The construction of the Korean medicine chest continues.  If you are just joining us, you can go here to see where it all started.
This week it was all about legs.  This is how it started out.  The piece on the bottom was spraying with water and three of them curled around the piece on top.

This is what it looked like after one piece was attached.  We used Super Glue as the glue and masking tape to hold it in place.  You had to have the masking tape or it would pull off.
                                          Here is what it looked like with two sides attached.
                                                      Finished!  One leg down, three more to go.
Here it isplaced on the bottom of the chest.  It was a little short so my teacher cut squares of extra cardboard to glue underneath it.
Snack time!!  I was hungry so I opened the wrapper and put the whole cookie in my mouth at once.  And then almost gagged.  I thought I was tasting a lightly sugared cookie when in fact, I was eating a fish cracker.  After I choked it down, I realized that fish smell was coming from the wrapper.  It tasted horrible and I managed to hide the second one my teacher gave me.  Looks can be deceiving.
                                    Back to the cabinet, here it is with all the legs in place. 
Here it is ready for the top to go on.  My teacher is going to do that for me and I think next week we start covering it with hanji paper.  I can't wait to see it.
When I came to hanji, I found these two little guys waiting in front of the door.  I had a hard time getting in and I wondered where they were there.  I quickly learned that their mama was shopping inside.  They never once ran off or barked.  I couldn't believe how well trained they were.  They sure were a couple of cuties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...