Saturday, July 9, 2011

Cup of Joe - Korean Style

 The first time we lived in Korea I didn't really join the coffee craze.  That's not to say that I didn't have coffee after dinner with our Korean friends because it was the thing you do after dinner.  But I never bought any coffee for home.
 That all changed this time around and I found myself drawn to the yellow packets of goodness.  In each packet is a combination of coffee, powdered creamer and sugar ready for hot water. It's been offered to me in every class I have taken here in Korea.
 So easy to make.  Just cut open the top and pour into a Korean size coffee cup.  It's about equivalent to 1/4 to 1/2 the size of an American coffee cup.
 Here it is ready for the hot water.  I even use these cute little spoons for it.  My chilbo teacher just used the empty plastic packet to stir.
                                                             Yummy and ready to go.
Rocketman made it safely home from Taiwan and is getting ready to leave for the States tomorrow.  He has a brutal work schedule right now and I worry he is working too hard.  He has a week of meetings in the States which is tough to handle when you also have jetlag.

He was making himself a cup of coffee this morning when he said, "Hey, the coffee isn't dissolving!"  I asked him if he had used hot water to which he quietly said, "Oh, no."  He dumped out the partially dissolved coffee and I took over making him a cup.  It's good to feel needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...