Saturday, June 25, 2011

Bojagi Class

 Bojagi (Korean quilting) class this week was to make a pin cushion.  These are the samples my teacher brought for me.  See the garakji maedeup in the center.  My teacher bought the maedeup premade.
 This is how mine turned out.  I'm not sure if it is right and I'll find out on Monday.
 We also decided to go to Costco today.  Not a good idea.  The one we go to in Seoul opens at 9 am and we were there at about 9:20 am to find a line of cars around the building.  Rocketman dropped me off to start shopping while he waited to park the car.

It took Rocketman 46 minutes to get into the ramp and parked.  By that time I had finished the shopping and was waiting for him in the restaurant area.  He was soooo angry from the whole ordeal and I didn't fare better.  I could not believe all the self absorbed people I found inside Costco.  I continually ran into people who felt the aisles were only for them and placed their carts in the middle so no one could get by.  Costco aisles are wide as it is but the carts are too. 

I also had a guy ran his cart into my achille's tendon as I was waiting in line for the escalator to the food floor.  I turned around with a disgusted look and he was quite embarassed as his wife slapped his arm.  I mean I was standing in a line. 

The food section of Costco was a zoo.  I don't know if this is a normal Saturday since we usually have always gone on Friday or if people were buying in preparation for the typhoon that is supposedly coming tomorrow.  I had never seen Costco so busy.  I did talk to myself a lot during my shopping, mainly complaining about the rudeness of people.  I would think with so many people about, you would be more aware of yourself and your dang cart.

We always get a hotdog afterwards so I paid and packed up by myself and made my way to the tables to find a seat.  It was packed and I had to wait about five to ten minutes for a table to open up.  When Rocketman came, he immediately got in line to get our hotdogs.  Then we took turns getting catsup and mustard and our sodas filled.

He took forever and when he came back he told me that there were two ajummas standing in front of the catsup and mustard dispenser.  They were taking their sweet old time by opening the relish packets and carefully squeezing it onto their hotdogs.  Then they had to arrange where to put the mustard.  They knew Rocketman was waiting because he said he stood inches from them.  They just didn't care.  One did say they were sorry in Korean which is rare.  But he was blazing mad when he got back to the table.

Rocketman ended up having to park on the 6th floor which is rooftop and the only way to get to it was by elevator.  Oh joy!  So we had to get into a line for the elevator which is what you see in the picture above.



Two employees were directing the loading of the elevator by floor.  We got in first because we were on the 6th floor.  The elevator was huge.  It held 8 carts and we all had to stand in the center.  We couldn't believe people were getting off on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd... floor since there is an escalator which goes to these floors and you wouldn't have to wait in a long line.  We just didn't understand this way of thinking.  Wait in line for 15 - 30 minutes or take the escalator with little to no wait. 

We loaded the car quickly since it was raining and we were exhausted from the whole ordeal and Rocketman navigated his way out of the Costco parking ramp which was no easy feat.  Then the fun is always getting the stuff from the car to the elevator and from the elevator to the apartment.  I don't think we will be going to Costco anytime soon and not on a Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Never never NEVER EVER go to a Costco on a Saturday! You couldn't pay me to do it. Add in a typhoon and... you were asking for it sister! You could have all that happen to you here in the states. People get in that big warehouse environment with the "itchy eye" lighting and turn into "sheeple" - I swear you could lead them to slaughter and they wouldn't know the difference!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...