Friday, April 8, 2011

Hanji (Korean Papercrafting) Class #4

 This week in hanji, I completed the bread basket I was working on.  She had me cut out a huge design and it was taking me forever so she helped me out and finished it for me.  The paper was gold and hard to cut.  It's a pretty big piece.
 Here is a sideview of the basket.
 She had me use paper with flower petals imbedded into it.  It turned out beautifully.  I also had a surprise from my special friend.
 She brought me homemade kimchi.  She had found out that I LOVE kimchi and she said that she would bring me some and she did.  I was so excited.
 The container was huge and weighed quite a bit.
In fact, curiousity got the better of me and I put it onto my scale.  I figured it weighed 4 -5 pounds and was shocked when the scale showed it weighed a whopping 8 pounds.  Wow, no wonder my arm got sore carrying this bag on the bus last night.
Here's a picture of her working hard.  She is really talented and such a dear.  You know you are loved when a Korean gives you some homemade kimchi!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...