Monday, January 24, 2011

Maedeup Monday!


On Saturday, I took time off from packing for South Korea to participate in the Korean Heritage House Annual Benefit. I had taught a few maedeup classes and the Heritage House to very enthusiastic adoptive parents of Korean children. I was so touched that they wanted to learn Korean culture to teach their children.

It was a last minute decision to go and I hadn't time to prepare a display so I showed up with my plastic bins of maedeup supplies. The benefit was from 10:30am to 12:30pm. I was shocked at the amount of people that showed up and I was swamped with business the entire time.


Rocketman took this picture while I was surveying the table. I had sent Rocketman to the St. Paul post office to retrieve some packages that morning after he dropped me off. Our forwarding agent started the process of forwarding our mail before everything had come in and it's rather a mess thanks to my last minute ordering. He ended up at three different post offices all over St. Paul and retrieved only two packages out of about 6.


It was wonderful to see so many of my students and then their children who stole my heart. It made me miss Korea even more. Many were surprised that we weren't parents of Korean adoptees given my strong affection for everything Korean.


I snapped a few pictures as the benefit started.


Rocketman and I were also treated to a Korean lunch. It was delicious and I ate a ton of kimchi. I packed up hurriedly and made my way home to more packing or should I say throwing it into the living room pile. The movers come on Tuesday and we must be ready for them. I confess I'm a little panicked at the moment and I believe Rocketman is too although he hides it quite well. I can tell though because he gets real quiet and has a pensive look whenever he looks my way. Better get to packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...