Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Books, Books, Books!


Once a year Half Price Books has a gigantic sale at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds. Hardcover books are $2.00 and paperback are $1.00. Last year was my first time and poor Rocketman had to carry bags of books to the car three times. This year I was going alone since Rocketman was in Asia. I brought a big bag and filled it to the rim with books. The total was around $41.00.


If Rocketman had been there, I know I would have bought more. I love books! When I got home and was putting my books into my closet, I noticed I still had a huge stack from last year that I hadn't read yet. So I am vowing to not buy another book until I read most of my stash.

I was surprised to see a police cars ticketing cars that were parked illegally like in a handicap zone or by a yellow curb. The fairgrounds are closed to the public except for the state fair and other events. So some people were going to be really surprised when they returned to their car. I parked legally although it was over 2 blocks away. I can't wait for the next sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...