Monday, August 30, 2010

Maedeup Monday!


Rocketman was in Asia most of the month and returned home on Friday. One of the countries he visited was South Korea. I needed a few things from the maedeup shop and he was happy to pick the order up for me. I emailed my order to Hannah, my Korean girlfriend, and she translated it to the maedeup owner. I also made sure that Rocketman brought a couple of gifts for the owner because it helps you to get a good price.

He flew from China to Incheon and was going to store all his luggage at Seoul Station. Hannah said you could get a locker there. Hannah met him at Seoul Station and they found that all the lockers were taken. They went to all the locker areas of the station only to find them all used. Then while deciding what to do with his luggage an ajumma can up with a keyring full of locker keys. She was selling the lockers at ridiculous prices. So that's why there wasn't any lockers available. It was a ripoff! Rocketman refused to pay her for a key and so he lugged all his luggage to the maedeup shop.

The picture above is some freebees I got from the maedeup shop.


They also gave me this cording to try out the different diameters.

Poor Rocketman had to make his way to Suwon with 17 pounds of maedeup cording. It made his suitcase over 60 pounds when he left Korea but we think since he is platinum they let it slide. I was so excited to add the new colors to my inventory and I'm so grateful to be married to a guy who would lug around 17 pounds of maedeup cording.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, locker scalpers. Not good.

    Rocketman is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband is so nice ^_^

    I feel thankful for my husband too. He never once complains about my fabric collection. I buy fabrics all the time and I have not enough room to store all of them :(
    In fact, my husband is actually always helping to organize them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...