Sunday, June 13, 2010

Maedeup Monday!


I've been revisiting the dongsimgyeol (also known as the one mind knot) maedeup recently. I cut a bunch of maedeup cording into 12" or so lengths and put them in a Zip Lock bag. Then when I'm sitting on the deck or watching television, I pull out a cord and do some dongsimgyeol maedeup.


I took some of my Korean satin and cut pieces to fit these lockets I had bought. I added a dongsimgyeol maedeup and I have a beautiful pendant. I have a few of these available in my Etsy shop.


I also have some ready be made into a necklace. I'm have them available in a bunch of colors in my Etsy shop.

I finally started to do so chilbo (Korean enameling) and I'm still having trouble getting the copper ready. I had talked to someone at Thompson's Enamel and he recommended a product. It does work but I'm finding I have to scrub over and over and over. I've heard about pickling and using sulfuric acid but I'm not sure if I should try that. It's frustrating. I know Nan, my Korean chilbo teacher uses nitric acid. We'll see how long my arms last at this point.

Yesterday's maedeup class was canceled but the dorae maedeup class will take place. WooHoo!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love the locket. Great idea! Where did you get the lockets, Korea or the US?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...