Friday, May 7, 2010

Chilbo Class - Day 2


Nan saw me taking pictures inside the shop so she wanted to pose for one outside her shop.


This is her sign.

See, the table is twice as big as it was.


She still has a lot of eye candy.


She buys the maedeup that she uses with her chilbo.


These two guys stopped by a lot during the week. The guy on the left is also an artist. He works with copper sheets pounded pictures into it. It's incredible and I'll show you some of his work later. He also gets Nan's pieces framed and she had an exhibit coming up the following week.
The dude on the right, well he liked to give me a hard time. He let me know that my work just wasn't up to Nan's. (No kidding!) I tried to shoo him away but he just kept pestering me. He seemed to really enjoy annoying the American. But I got him good the following week and I'll tell you about it in a future blog entry.

The chilbo class started out with this picture Nan had.


I traced it onto a piece of tracing paper.


Then traced it onto a ceramic tile and added chilbo to it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that picture you made! What a cool style. And I love the eye candy shots, too!

    I had to look up 공예 (from the sign). Crafts! I can't believe I didn't know that word. Ha.

    I just googled 나녕 공예방 and one of the things that came up was this page--is that the artist guy's work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what else I found? it's you!. Does she have the link to your blog?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...