Thursday, December 10, 2009

Distractions


My segment on Twin Cities Live went great. I made the holiday card with Elizabeth and she was fantastic. I hope to do it again.

I was all set to finally make some chilbo (Korean enameling) today and dug out all my supplies. I do have a problem since my Korean chilbo teacher labeled all the enamels in Korean. It will be a little hit or miss for now what the colors end up looking like after firing.

The first thing I needed to do after cleaning the copper forms was to coat the backs with black enamel. Guess what! I couldn't find the black enamel. I had a huge bag of it and I don't know where I put it. I looked all over and couldn't find it. I ended up ordering some from Thompson Enamels along with a few other items. It was disappointing.

I wasn't able to make a lot of cookies while living in South Korea. I had heard that Korean baking soda was awful and I hadn't brought any with me. So this Christmas I want to make a huge assortment of cookies to send home with everyone after Christmas. I started with my daughter's favorite, oatmeal rounds. Mine never seem to turn out so round but they are delicious. The recipe is from my old Better Homes and Garden's Cookbook from 1976. I did really well, not one burnt pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...