Thursday, October 22, 2009

ABBA



While living in South Korea I felt I was back in the 70's at times. The Koreans LOVE ABBA especially the song "Dancing Queen." The movie "Mama Mia" had also been released during my stay and it was also very popular there.

Once when I was getting my hair done, they put in a DVD of "Mama Mia" and I was lucky (joking here) enough to watch it twice while I was getting my hair done. It was the only Engish song that I heard on a regular basis and it also was a popular choice at the noraebong.

3 comments:

  1. My daughter got hooked on it before we even left for South Korea. Her cousin (three at the time) LOVED the movie Mama Mia. It would be so cute, the two little girls would be running around singing either Dancing Queen or Mama Mia. It's funny because I had been hooked on Abba since I was 16 (I'm 29 now) after seeing the movie, Muriel's Wedding. I have one of the big compilation CDs too and remember when A-Teen tried to take over Abba (thank goodness that was short-lived!). But I still remember a few high school dances with Dancing Queen playing (and I graduated in 1999!).

    The really funny thing is one of the last times I went to a karaoke bar was July of 2008, months before my husband left for South Korea, and what song did I do? Dancing Queen. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, does this bring back memories or what? I'm probably the only person in the world that hasn't seen Mama Mia! Funny story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janeen: I have "Dancing Queen" as my ringtone on my cellphone and it always reminds me of Korea. Thanks for sharing!

    Molly: It's good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...